|Light Novel||Overlord Volume 2|
|Manga||Overlord Chapter 5|
|Anime||Overlord Episode 5|
Zuranon (ズーラーノーン) is a death cult in the New World. It consists of a group of evil magicians, specializing in necromancy.
Zuranon is a secret society whose members have a fascination and obsession with death. Due to their previous convictions for attacking cities using undead monsters, they are regarded as serious offenders. It is known that the Twelve Executives lead Zuranon.
Twenty years ago, Zuranon occupied some ruins and conducted horrifying experiments, which led to a catastrophe that resulted in the destruction of a small city.
The Dark Warrior Arc Edit
- Main article: The Dark Warrior Arc
A group of Zuranon operatives led by Khajiit Dale Badantel had been making preparations for the past five years to turn E-Rantel into an undead city. Their base of operation was hidden in E-Rantel's cemetery.
As they began to execute the final phase of their plan after capturing Nfirea Bareare to empower the Crown of Wisdom, two adventurers came along and stopped the death ritual, killing all members of Zuranon present.
They're considered to be extremely dangerous to human nations. Three of the Twelve Executives are stronger than Clementine, which means at least four of them are at the rank of a Hero. Also, it is described that their leader has succeeded to complete "Death Spiral", the complete destruction of a city by summoning numerous undead. In addition, there are rumors that the organization has a few liches in its ranks.
Known Members Edit
- In the Web Novel, it was Zuranon's plan to turn Ainz into an evil god in the eyes of their adepts and use his name to control them. This way, Zuranon could get more funds from the nobles and the wealthy they have connections with all over the continent.
- Zuranon has twelve "High Disciples". It is not certain whether the Twelve High Disciples are same as Twelve Executives, or the two group are different.
- It seems that Blue Rose has experienced fighting against Zuranon. Gagaran said that it is even dangerous for her to fight with one of the Twelve High Disciples after penetrating waves of undead.
- The name of the cult is written as Zurrernorn in the official manga's intermission.