Vampires (ヴァンパイア) refers to a race of immortals with an affinity for blood and the night.
Types of Vampires Edit
In Overlord, the author seems to set tiers for vampires:
True Vampire: Shalltear's race. Looks like a monstrous undead with very few human qualities. Among the most creepy-looking vampires of YGGDRASIL, true vampires are even uglier than the others. Resembles a lamprey.
Vampire Bride: The only kind of vampire that looks beautiful but deadly yet their combat abilities are low.
Vampiric Beasts: Animals with the characteristics of vampires. Shalltear summoned some of them by her skill.
Most of the vampires in YGGDRASIL are far from the modern 'aristocratic, mysterious race' archetype of vampires. Instead, they look like a horrible mix of bat and human. Shalltear's beautiful appearance is just a result of customization by her creator.
Vampires possess numerous special abilities, including powerful muscles and fast regeneration. As undead creatures, they are effectively immortal. Noted for their longevity and taste for blood, they are considered deadly heteromorphic monsters.
Basic Vampire Race Traits Edit
- Fast Regeneration
- Evileye of Temptation
- Life Absorption
- Create Lesser Race by Bloodsucking
- Weapon Resistance
- Ice-type Damage Resistance
Despite their staggering advantages over humans, vampires are not always invincible and can be slain through a number of means.
Basic Vampire Race Weaknesses Edit
- Slow movement penalty during Sunlight
- Vulnerability to Silver weapons (only lesser vampires)
- Added damage by Positive Energy
- The official manga divides the main vampire hierarchy into three categories: Vampire, Origin Vampire and True Vampire.
- In the Web Novel, a Vampire's basic difficulty rank is 60, which is equal to upper A-class (almost A+). However, it is said that A-class adventurers can be confident of victory, while B-class adventurers might be able to win with appropriate preparation.
- Most Vampires could only create unintelligent Lesser Vampires, but the Vampires which Shalltear could make had nearly as much intelligence as a normal Human.