Six hundred years earlier, the Six Great Gods were transported into the New World. These players protected the humans from monsters at the time when back then, they were at the brink of extinction. To this day, a lot of the inhabitants of the New World worshiped them as gods in awe of their great power. They appeared before the rule of the Eight Greed Kings and could be among the first players from YGGDRASIL.
In addition, the Six Great Gods were likely the ones to introduce Tier Magic to the New World natives as they were presumed to be the first player group to arrive. Once the Eight Greed Kings appeared in the world after them, it was said that the influence of Tier Magic became increasingly widespread throughout the continent.
While they may no longer exist in the present day, their legacy still exists through the country they founded, the Slane Theocracy and their descendants, who are regarded as demi-gods. Among the Six Great Gods, Surshana was the only player left who managed to stay alive when the rest of his companions passed away. As Surshana was the last god in the Slane Theocracy to die, he was actually killed by the Eight Greed Kings who came to the New World a century later after his group's arrival.
The Undead King Arc
- Main article: The Undead King Arc
In the New World, there were three magical items that were unimaginably powerful. One of these were the keystones of the Slane Theocracy, the artifacts left behind from when the Six Great Gods descended upon the New World 600 years ago.
Six Great Gods owned a World Item called the Downfall of Castle and Country, an item that can mind control even those with absolute mental resistances. The strongest among the Six Great Gods was Surshana, the God of Death. Furthermore, they had a large variety of YGGDRASIL items like the sealing crystal that are now being used by the Black Scripture or other Sects. Some of these items currently in the possession of the Slane Theocracy were treated as the country's national treasures and sacred artifacts.
- Element: Fire
- Color: Red
- The God of Water
- Element: Water
- Color: Blue
- Element: Wind
- Color: Green
- Element: Earth
- Color: Brown
- The God of Life
- Element: Light
- Color: White
- The God of Death
- Element: Darkness
- Color: Black
- The Six Great Gods are likely the first group of YGGDRASIL players to be transported to the New World before the Eight Greed Kings and the two players of the Thirteen Heroes.
- Apparently, there's a group called the Four Great Gods that are worshiped in the Re-Estize Kingdom, Roble Holy Kingdom and the Baharuth Empire. It's possible that they are excluding two, due to the similar job titles they possess.
- The adamantite class adventurer groups Red Drop, Blue Roses and Darkness of Re-Estize Kingdom are named after the associated colors of the Six Great Gods.
- Ainz didn't rule out the possibility that the Six Great Gods may have been players who arrived in this world 600 years earlier in comparison to him presently.
- In the Web Novel, it was hinted that the Evil Deities were once servants of the Six Great Gods.
- According to Maruyama, "Godly Equipment" should refer to the Six Great Gods' items in general, but "Sacred Regalia" should be used for their personal weapons.
- In the Web Novel, it was stated that if only one of the Six Great Gods were to return, it will cause the balance of power being shifted from within the Theocracy, and might possibly incite civil war.
- Maruyama noted that in the Web Novel, the Six Great Gods had a special arrangement agreed upon with Platinum Dragon Lord, to attack the Eight Greed Kings together.