Abilities and Powers
Shalltear is considered to be the strongest out of all the Floor Guardians in Nazarick, excluding Gargantua. She has the highest overall stats among them, and her life sustain abilities allow her to easily outlast any one of them in single combat. It was noted by Ainz himself that she is confirmed to be a divine magic caster. However, the god in which she believes is completely different from the God's people worship. Shalltear’s skills were divided into the at-will and limited use types.
Shalltear's class build also makes her an extremely dangerous opponent against particular Magic Casters like Necromancers. However, Shalltear’s magic resistance was affected by her opponent’s stats and levels. Even a 10th tier spell by a weak magic caster would not be enough to breach her resistance, but against a powerful magic caster like Ainz, 1st tier spells were the limit. According to him, Shalltear is looked upon as the best one-on-one fighter and could be served as a trump card against a strong foe.
- Animate Dead: Creates a low-level undead, but with Shalltear's special skill, it can become a Lesser Vampire.
- Blood Armament
- Blood Pool: This orb of enchanted blood could store the blood of victims for various purposes. For instance, it could drain mana from the victim's blood. This way, one could use skills that augmented spells without consuming extra MP.
- Brilliant Radiance: Offensive spell, purifying the target with holy light.
- Charm Species: It is a 4th tier spell that works on any species. It makes the target regard the caster as a "friend", and may be used in interrogation. However, it cannot make the target reveal secrets that they would not reveal to a friend, or perform actions that friends would not tell them to do, such as self-harm.
- Einherjar: Shalltear's trump card. Creates a construct-type avatar almost visually identical to Shalltear. This Avatar can't use magic and some of the skills of the original, but its equipment and stats are the same.
- Force Explosion: Sends an invisible shockwave towards the target.
- Force Sanctuary: Create a white light barrier from holy energy. Although it prevents the user from attacking, it is an absolute barrier that completely blocks the opponent’s attack.
- Gate: Summons a portal, allowing travel of a large number of people over great distances. It is considered to be the highest tier of teleportation magic.
- Greater Lethal: A divine spell with very powerful healing which involved channeling vast quantities of negative energy. It is the most powerful healing spell that Shalltear could cast on herself to greatly heal her HP.
- Greater Teleportation: A 7th tier spell that allows instantaneous transition without restriction to distance.
- Implosion: 10th tier magic. Causes the target to collapse or burst inward.
- Impure Shockwave Shield: A reddish-black wave of force that spreads forth from the user's body. It may be used defensively against attacks, or offensively in close range. It is a skill which combined offense and defense. It may be used two times a day.
- Invisibility: Makes the caster invisible.
- Life Essence: Allows the caster to view the health values of an enemy.
- Magic Destruction: Destroys an object made by magic. The success rate of this spell was directly dependent on the spell-casting ability of its caster.
- Mana Essence: Allows the user to learn enemy's remaining MP.
- Mass Hold Species: Constricts a large number of creatures, rendering them unable to move.
- Mist Form: Changes the user's body into astral type, nullifying all enemy attacks, save for attacks that could hit astral entities.
- Mystic Eyes of Charms: It's a type of mind control that charms an opponent who looks into their eyes. It works on targets of the same sex as the user, not just the opposite.
- Purifying Javelin: It is a class skill used by Shalltear to create a gigantic lance of the holy element. Despite her own evil alignment, the javelin could still cause massive damage to her foes as a holy-based ranged attack. The javelin can also inflict a curse on the target upon hitting them. Most importantly, she could spend the extra amount of MP to imbue it with perfect accuracy and tracking ability. However, it can only be used three times per day.
- Raise Kin: A skill used to summon several types of monsters including 7th tier Vampire Wolves.
- Regenerate: Provides slow healing over time.
- Silence: Negates sound in an area.
- Summon Household: A skill that allows her to summon a multitude of different familiars, such as Elder Vampire Bats, Vampire Bat Swarms, rats, Vampire Wolves, etc.
- Summon Monster 10th: A 10th tier spell that allow the user to summon a high tier monster.
- Time Accelerator: Increase the speed, but the user cannot attack under the effects of the spell.
- Time Reverse: It is a skill that negate the damage caused by a single attack. The damage she sustained is instantly converted back into health. The blood spill out after taking damage will then flowed back into her body, as though time itself had reversed to render the attack completely ineffective. However, turning back time to recover damage could only be done three times a day.
- Vermilion Nova: A 9th tier spell. It is an attack the target with a pillar of flame. Deals Fire-based type of damage.
- Wall of Stone: Surrounds the user with stone walls, protecting them from damage.
- Blood Frenzy: The more blood Shalltear's body is covered in, the stronger she becomes and her attack power soars. Because of that, she will slowly lose control of her mind and becomes unable to hold back her urge to slaughter. Without those mental brakes, Shalltear would indiscriminately massacre any prey she sees. To prevent activating it, she needs to fight while avoiding getting hit with blood and sucking it up with a weapon or other equipment.
- Spell Resistance: Her resistance is depended on the attacker’s own strength.
- Spuit Lance: A Divine class item is given by her creator, Peroroncino. Each strike allows Shalltear to recover a portion of her lifeforce proportionate to the damage inflicted on the enemy. Deals striking damage, which has increased effects against undead.
- Shalltear Bloodfallen's Armor: A legendary class item mainly equipped with Shalltear when she is in combat.
- Unnamed World Item: Ainz gave this item to her, so she can be protected from the effects of World Item users. It was originally wielded by Aureole Omega on the 8th Floor.
- Game Encyclopedia: Rewarded by Ainz, it was an item that once belongs to her creator, Peroroncino.
- Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown: Shalltear was implied to have been given one by Ainz, but was later ordered to hand that ring over to Mare before traveling to the Dwarf Kingdom.
- Shalltear's character build and equipment placed her in the lower portion of the top tier.
- If Shalltear was fully equipped with divine-class items, she would be in the middle portion of the top tier.
- If Shalltear could change her gear to match her opponent, she might even be able to fight evenly with the upper echelons of the top tier.
- In YGGDRASIL, her passive skill, Blood Frenzy wasn't such a huge deal, but in the New World, it's a penalty that causes a lot of trouble, since an NPC like her now has consciousness.
- Since arriving in the New World and battling Ainz, friendly fire no longer exist for NPCs. As a result, she can summon her minions and kill them afterward with her Spuit Lance to heal off of them.
- Ainz stated that if he was Shalltear strategically, she would first summon "Einherjar" and have it prepared for battle right away and engaged her enemy. Afterward, she could attack the enemy with magic, followed by the use of her skills. Later on, Shalltear would have triggered her Blood Frenzy in some way and then charged into melee with the Spuit Lance while his attack power was increased. Unless it had happened, Ainz knew he would have run away without a second thought.
- The most effective use for Shalltear is to deplete the enemy's resources. Once Shalltear is deployed, she has to be left to run amok through the enemy lines.
- When Shalltear stuck her index finger into the Blood Pool and drew out a strand of blood, it turned into a character before her. Particularly, it looked like a Sanskrit character or a similar symbol, which was called a Magic Rune.