|Ryraryus Spenia Ai Indarun|
|Romaji||Ryuraryusu Supenia Ai Indarun|
|Epithet||Demon Snake of the West|
|Occupation||Ruler of the Western Tob Forest|
|Residence||Western Tob Forest|
|Light Novel||Overlord Volume 8|
Ryraryus is a naga with the upper body of an old man.
Ryraryus is probably the most intelligent of the Three Monsters. Unlike Guu, Ryraryus's nature is quite discreet. He anticipated the huge power of the Ruler of the Building of Ruin and decided to ally with Guu against a common enemy. The naga mostly speaks in third person.
For a substantial long time, he ruled the western Tob Forest and was part of the status quo that kept all monster activity within it in check for countless years.
The Two Leaders Arc Edit
- Main article: The Two Leaders Arc
After negotiations had failed, he witnesses Ainz's power as he annihilates Guu and his followers. Believing he is safe from harm, he tries to use his invisibility ability to hide himself but soon realizes his weak cloaking magic is incapable of fooling Ainz and Aura. Captured and restrained by Aura, she prepares to kill him but is stopped by Ainz.
Ryrayus pleads for his life, offering to be his servant. His pleas for mercy are accepted and the naga is given the order to attack Carne Village with his minions.
Abilities and Powers Edit
Owning strength on par with Hamsuke, it seems that Ryraryus is also around level 30. Though his physical ability seems to be inferior to Guu, he can use some magic including invisibility. He can also sense the general emotions of a target. It is not clear whether this ability is a Special Talent of him or the racial trait of the Naga.
Guu was Ryraryus's rival. However, the naga agreed to join forces with the troll so as to stand against Nazarick.
As Ryraryus was the only member of Guu's party not to insult his name, Ainz Ooal Gown decided to spare the naga. Upon seeing the undead's terrifying power, he swears his allegiance to the Overlord.
Ryraryus had remembered that the dark elves were the original rulers of the Tob Forest, and attempted to caution Guu from fighting.
- He refers to himself as "This old one".
- If it wasn't for Ryraryus's meddling, Guu claimed that he would have invaded the ruins in the forest long ago.
- (To Ainz): "This old one has a long name too. This old one is the Serpent of the West you spoke of — Ryraryus Spenia Ai Indarun. Oh, invader Ainz Ooal Gown. This old one thinks their brains are not matched with their bodies, but there are pros and cons to them ruling over this forest."
- (To Guu) "Guu! This fellow, Ainz Ooal Gown is too unnatural! We have to work together to defeat."
- (To Ainz): "This old one is happy to serve under your rule! The weak submitting to the strong is only natural. This old one will brave hell for you with no hesitation!"
- (To Ainz): "How, how frightening. My lord, you must think that it’s fine whatever happens to this old one. My lord must regard this old one who rules the western forest on the same level as rolling stones."