The Royal Army is mostly composed of militia. Its soldiers are mostly just drafted peasants, they receive a government-issued weapon, no armor and extremely sparse training. The Kingdom usually levies two-hundred thousand men to fight the Empire, but it can levy more if necessary.
The Undead King Arc Edit
- Main article: The Undead King Arc
Ramposa III sent Gazef Stronoff and his group of warrior troops to investigate and eliminate imperial soldiers who are raiding several village in Kingdom's territory. It was around this time that Gazef came face to face with a mysterious magic caster who made his presence known by the name of Ainz Ooal Gown in Carne Village.
The Dark Warrior Arc Edit
- Main article: The Dark Warrior Arc
During the Cemetery Incident, the undead army assaulted the gate of E-Rantel. The guards try to defend it but overwhelm by their sheer numbers. Momon's group arrived and breakthrough the undead hordes and saving the surviving guards.
The Men in the Kingdom Arc Edit
- Main article: The Men in the Kingdom Arc
The Royal Capital of the Kingdom came under attack by a demon known as Jaldabaoth and his army of demons, who came to the city to look for a powerful magic item. A large coalition of the Kingdom's adventurers and soldiers were brought together by Princess Renner and Lakyus Alvein Dale Aindra while being aided by the King himself, Gazef and his warrior troops. In addition, Marquis Raeven brought his private troops in order to stop him.
The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc Edit
- Main article: The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc
The Royal Army began their annual war with the Baharuth Empire in the Katze Plains. However, the Empire this time had decided to form an alliance alongside Nazarick in order to acquire the territory of E-Rantel. With the war looming closer as one month passes by, the Kingdom then sent an army of 260,000 to the Katze Plains while an additional 5,000 troops led by the crown prince to head to Carne Village for information about this mysterious magic caster surrounding Ainz Ooal Gown.
When the war was about to start, the battle was over before it even began when most of their army were devastatingly wiped out by the Sorcerer King and his five Dark Young. Among the casualties while the massacre was still going on, there are already 70,000 soldiers of the Royal Army that died from the spell Ainz had cast onto them.
The Ruler of Conspiracy Arc Edit
- Main article: The Ruler of Conspiracy Arc
By the time the massacre at Katze Plains came to an end, the death toll for the Royal Army was reported to exceed 180,000, with more missing. This horrible turn of event left the remaining soldiers mentally scarred and unable to live normal lives any more.
The Paladin of the Holy Kingdom Arc Edit
- Main article: The Paladin of the Holy Kingdom Arc
At this time, many people living in the Royal Capital were still depressed over the Royal Army's devastating defeat at the Katze Plains.
After most of the Northern Holy Kingdom had been conquered by Jaldabaoth, the Holy Kingdom Liberation Army sent a delegation to the kingdom to request for military aid. However, all the nobles that they approached turned them down due to various reasons, primarily because the Royal Army still hadn't recovered.
The Royal Army was a grand military venture that drew conscripts from all regions of the Re-Estize Kingdom. However, individually the soldiers that composed of the army were weak farmers. Its only advantage was using sheer force of numbers to achieve victory against its foe.
By Jugem's estimation majority of the conscripted men in the Kingdom's Army would be at most level 2. Trained soldiers hired and under the service of the nobility would be around level 10.
- 50,000 militia soldiers are needed to stand against one legion, which consists of 10,000 trained knights, from the Imperial Army of the Baharuth Empire.
- The favorite tactic of the Royal Army against the Imperial Army is the spearwall. Not only because the Imperial Army is mostly comprised of cavalry but also because the conscripts have little tactical training for anything more complex then bracing with spears.
- The older conscripts usually have been jaded and have accepted their fate, the younger ones are more energetic due to desperation, however over time they will become fatalistic like their older companions.
- Morale is usually at an all time low for conscripts because the empire always mobilizes during fall which is the harvest season. The conscripts will go back to dilapidated villages and a bleak future.