Roberdyck has blonde hair and blue eyes with a neatly arranged hairstyle, and a beard that is thoroughly trimmed. His appearance is of a wise man that gives off a hearty impression.
He wears full body armor with an outer garment embroidered with the symbol of a crest. A morning star is hoisted on his waist, and a necklace bearing the same crest as his outer garment can be seen hanging from his neck.
Roberdyck is a very kind individual, becoming a worker due to his frustration that he was not allowed to heal people for free. Most of the money he earns is donated to orphanages.
Roberdyck was originally a high class cleric of the Earth God, but became tired of all the bureaucratic red tape that prevented him from helping those in need, so he decided to become a worker.
The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc Edit
- Main article: The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
Roberdyck and Arche had just returned to the Singing Apple Inn after confirming the information on a recently discovered tomb by Count Femel. He learned of Arche's family's financial status and pitied her situation. He and the rest of his team wholeheartedly agreed to give the Count's reward to Arche in order to pay off her family's debts. When shopping with Hekkeran Termite, Roberdyck contemplated the future of Foresight.
When they entered the depths of the mysterious Large Tomb, their party fought against hordes of undead. They eventually triggered a trap, transporting them to the Colosseum on the 6th Floor to be pit against the master of the Large Tomb. When Foresight was defeated and the remaining members brought before the feet of Ainz Ooal Gown, Roberdyck was the only one left standing. Both he and Ainz engaged in a civil conversation and he was horrified to learn that his fate was to become a lab rat in the study of faith-based magics.
The Craftsman of Dwarf Arc Edit
- Main article: The Craftsman of Dwarf Arc
It is mentioned that Roberdyck is still alive in Nazarick, but had his memories tampered with as part of Ainz's experiments in memory alteration to the point that he can no longer speak proper sentences.
Abilities and Powers Edit
Roberdyck is a divine magic caster (Cleric) oriented to melee. He's able to use 3rd tier magic.
Job Classes Edit
- High Cleric
- Anti-Evil Protection
- Cure Moderate Wounds
- Lesser Dexterity: Raises the target's dexterity.
- Lesser Strength: Raises the target's strength.
- Lion's Heart: A spell of fear resistance.
- Turn Undead: Repels or exorcises undead targets depending on the difference of strength between the caster and the targets.
Roberdyck respects Hekkeran as both his leader and friend. Hekkeran is willing to listen to Roberdyck for advice when the former is unsure of something.
Imina and Roerdyck are on good terms. They were able to tell what the other was thinking when only they were left to fight Ainz Ooal Gown.
Roberdyck considered Arche's membership into Foresight to be a godsend, as the team could not have accomplished many of their missions without her.
- Roberdyck drinks only water as he is highly vulnerable to alcohol poisoning.
- In the Web Novel, it was said that he loved sweet things. He had often eaten sweet food while they were in the Imperial Capital. On the other hand, he never ate a single thing during their adventures.
- In the Web Novel, it was revealed that after he was defeated in the arena, he was skinned, deprived of limbs and became food for monsters, while kept alive via healing magic.
- (To Arche): "I think it's about time for your parents to hear the voice of God. No, no, perhaps they should meet the fists of God before that."
- (To Hekkeran): "I can still remember what I was drinking at that time...The timing of Arche-san's arrival was so great that I started to think the formation of our team was brought on by God's will."
- (To Hekkeran): "I still have the savings we earned, I'll look for a job where I can help other people or protect the weak. It's also not bad to just be a farmer in some flourishing village while studying the teachings of God. What about you Hekkeran?"
- (To Arche about Ainz Ooal Gown): "It'll be fine. We'll beat that monster Ainz and then come right after you."
- (To Ainz): "You would never understand. It's because we're comrades."
- (To Ainz): "Greater love hath no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends— so it was written in the Gospel of Mark."
- (To Ainz who questioned his faith): "My god is always by my side!"
- (To Ainz): "No! When we use our spells, we feel the presence of a mighty being. That is our god!"