Resurrection Wand is a magic artifact that can revive the dead.
Under normal circumstances, only faith based magic casters could use items imbued with faith based magic. However, this magic item was an exception to this faith based system and could be used.
The wand takes on the appearance of a glowing short stick of about thirty centimetres in length. While so, it emitted a sacred aura that appeared out of place in the hand of its user. In a way, it was an extremely beautiful item which seemed to be made out of ivory, with the front end coated in gold and the handle inscribed with runes.
This magic item is able to fully restore a dead target back to life. On the other hand, it requires a dead person's corpse in order for the wand to be use for carrying out its ability to resurrect the target.
Even if the corpse is present, the condition of their body might complicate matters. Without an intact corpse, there is a chance that if the person is revived, it might instead become one of the Undead.
However, similar to YGGDRASIL, the revival comes with penalties on the level of the target, making the target lose a degree of its vitality.
- It appears that Ainz Ooal Gown has quite a number of these wands at his disposal. He commented that he could have revived the slain villagers in Carne Village and still have wands to spare.
- Not only that, but it is also possible for the target to actually reject the resurrection imposed by the user if one chooses to do so, meaning they can continue to stay dead and not come back to life.
- Even if one were to use resurrection magic, it didn’t necessarily mean the dead would come back to life. The legends said that people who were happy with their lives would refuse resurrection.
- One of the Thirteen Heroes happens to decline being given resurrection after dying.
- 5th-tier resurrection spells does not seemingly work on a corpse if another spell has enchanted some counter-effect on it.
- In YGGDRASIL, the penalty comes with the person's loss of five levels upon resurrection, but in the New World, another setback also deals with the person losing part of their life forces after being revived.