Numerous classes belongs to "Magic Caster", with categories including:
- Spell Type Magic Caster: Elementalist, Sorcerer etc.
- Divine Type Magic Caster: Cleric, Hierophant etc.
- Spiritual Type Magic Caster: Talisman User, Miko etc.
There are other categories like Blessing Type and so on.
Each category has its own rank system. If a character learned a 7th-tier spell in Spell Type Magic and 2nd-tier spells in Divine Type Magic, they are treated as a 7th-tier Magic Caster. Thus, an efficient class build is necessary to use spells of higher ranks.
Abilities and Powers Edit
Every Magic Caster possesses the ability to use magic of a certain type. They can change the results of the battlefield in their favor depending on their skills and power level. Magic Casters, especially arcane magic casters from the New World had weaker bodies than warriors. Instead of training one's body, they spend all their effort on learning magic. Magic casters, who could fight on par with warriors were nonexistent and rather prefer to fight from a distance.
Known Magic Casters Edit
- In the Web Novel, seven magic caster class levels are needed to master 1st-tier of magic. (Ex : level 1~7 - 1st-tier, 8~14 - 2nd-tier, etc) Yet it is not clear whether this setting is changed in the Light Novel.
- Magic casters from YGGDRASIL cannot use melee weapons or equip armor other than cloth, without special classes or abilities. This goes for Ainz as well, even after being transported into the New World.
- A number of special job classes from YGGDRASIL allow magic casters the ability to equip heavy armor and utilize warrior class weapons. One example is Narberal Gamma's Armor Mage job class.
- Another method would be to use a spell like "Perfect Warrior", which allows the magic caster to turn into a warrior and use their class weapons and many more.