All magic in YGGDRASIL could be categorized on four great systems of magic, each one with some exclusive spells and characteristics; at the same way, magic casters are categorized by the system of magic that they use. Magic role players gain access to this systems through specific job classes like:
- Arcane Type Magic Caster: Elementalist, Sorcerer etc.
- Divine Type Magic Caster: Cleric, Hierophant etc.
- Spiritual Type Magic Caster: Talisman User, Miko etc.
There are other categories like Blessing type, that belong to the Alternative system:
- Blessing Type Magic Caster: Bard, Paladin, Cursed Knight, etc.
Each category has its own rank system. If a character learned a 7th-tier spell in Spell Type Magic and 2nd-tier spells in Divine Type Magic, they are treated as a 7th-tier Magic Caster. Thus, an efficient class build is necessary to use spells of higher ranks.
Abilities and Powers Edit
Every Magic Caster possesses the ability to use magic of a certain type. They can change the results of the battlefield in their favor depending on their skills and power level. Magic Casters, especially arcane magic casters from the New World had weaker bodies than warriors. Instead of training one's body, they spend all their effort on learning magic. Magic casters, who could fight on par with warriors were nonexistent and rather prefer to fight from a distance.
According to Fluder, Magic Casters in particular radiate something like an aura from their bodies. The more adept one becomes in magic, the stronger this aura becomes.
Known Magic Casters Edit
- Priests or faith-based magic casters differ from pure magic casters because they can wear full-body armor.
- In the Web Novel, seven magic caster class levels are needed to master 1st-tier of magic. (Ex : level 1~7 - 1st-tier, 8~14 - 2nd-tier, etc) Yet it is not clear whether this setting is changed in the Light Novel.
- Magic casters from YGGDRASIL cannot use melee weapons or equip armor other than cloth, without special classes or abilities. This goes for Ainz as well, even after being transported into the New World.
- A number of special Job Classes from YGGDRASIL allow magic casters the ability to equip heavy armor and utilize warrior class weapons. One example is Narberal Gamma's Armor Mage job class.
- Another method would be to use a spell like "Perfect Warrior", which allows the magic caster to turn into a warrior and use their class weapons and many more.