Though many of the nations that surround the Great Tomb of Nazarick are primarily inhabited by humans, this region happens to be just a small portion of the New World. Beyond the nations' borders are many demi-human and heteromorphic nations hostile to humanity. Unlike in the World of 2138, mankind is at the bottom of the food chain and are often prey by many monsters and other races as their livestock.
Humans in this new world however, are considered to be one of the inferior races. The reason for why there is a cluster of human nations was due to the fact that they are situated relatively close to the Slane Theocracy, a nation that fights against the encroachment of all non-humans and preaches human supremacy. Not only that, but the reason they live in open fields, where there is nowhere to hide is because they aren't strong enough to survive in the mountains or forests.
Similar to their real world counterparts, humans in the New World come with a wide range of skin tones, hairstyles and eye color as well as builds. Most of the humans in this world (including those in the Re-Estize Kingdom, Baharuth Empire and Slane Theocracy) have blonde hair and are typically good-looking.
Humans as a whole do not possess any special abilities and are considered to be standing on a precarious line between survival and extinction. Though to give humanity some credit as a race, they seem to have raised a large number of martial arts experts and special talent users.
Not only that, but they have the capability to use what is known as Tier Magic introduced by the Six Great Gods and later spread further around the New World by the Eight Greed Kings. The only way to gain magic and talents comparable to demi-humans with the exception of their vision aside is through training constantly over time. High-level humans have high resistance levels to poison and illness.
- The denizens of Nazarick view humans as lower life forms and treat them as food or toys.
- There also seems to exists several variant human races, such as winged humans in the New World.
- While other humanoid races exist in the New World such as elves and dwarves, the majority of humans treat them no differently than demi-humans.
- Unlike the humans in YGGDRASIL, it seems that humans in the New World were not completely capable of using the full power of Tier Magic as there are only a few of them who can even reach the 6th Tier.
- Granted, there are actually certain demi-humans who were weaker than humans, such as Goblins.