Herohero is an Elder Black Ooze, one of the strongest slime-type race. His appearance is merely a mass of a black, sticky substance. His tar-like surface roils and writhes continuously, never staying in one shape for more than a second.
Herohero has a polite and humble personality. He enjoyed the game a lot, hoping there would be a sequel like YGGDRASIL II which was unheard of by Momonga. This way, he thought that they could someday meet up and play together like they used to do as a guild.
However, he tends to also act bitter when faced with a daunting lifestyle and is not afraid to speak out about it to Momonga. Herohero is willing to go so far as to vent it openly for his friend to listen concerning the struggle he has been going through all this while. Herohero admitted that he was the type who does not easily complain much in real life than in the game. Because of that, Herohero is apologetic for this kind of behavior he shown to Momonga.
As one of the four remaining guild members in Ainz Ooal Gown, Herohero logged in to YGGDRASIL and spent a short amount of time together with Momonga.
Two years ago, Momonga stated that Herohero had stopped actively playing the game right after he changed his job in real life. Momonga considered Herohero to be part of a black-hearted enterprise as he described it due to the harsh workplace his friend was placed in.
Apparently, Herohero's job took a great toll on his body in the World of 2138 as he had been overworking himself while taking on various tasks overtime. His job tends to exhaust him greatly, making him feel a sense of fatigue and sleepiness after arriving home from work. It was to the point wherein which he had to go to the doctor to check for any signs of illness.
Furthermore, he is implied to have taken health exams to see what the status of his condition was. This was hinted at during a meeting held among the Floor Guardians and Sebas Tian, concerning Ainz's supposed sickness in reference to Herohero's words they remembered he spoke about.
Despite his fatigue, Herohero still chose to go out of his way and respond to the e-mail Momonga had sent him, and logged in to YGGDRASIL before the game closed down. When logging on, Herohero spoke about how happy he was to confront his friend one final time, prior to saying their goodbyes, and went offline afterwards.
The Undead King Arc Edit
- Main article: The Undead King Arc
Herohero is one of the four remaining guild members of Ainz Ooal Gown to return to YGGDRASIL before its shut down. He talked with Momonga about the current status of the guild and Great Tomb of Nazarick. Herohero was thankful that they were able to enjoy the game to its fullest, and bids farewell to Momonga as he was logging out.
When considering the options of joining nations such as the Re-Estize Kingdom, Ainz noted that he was not the least bit interested on becoming part of a black-hearted enterprise like the one Herohero was working for.
The Emissary of the King Arc Edit
- Main article: The Emissary of the King Arc
When Cocytus sends his sentry to guard his master the entire day without any relief, Ainz thinks the Floor Guardian's action would put any unethical company to shame. During that moment, Ainz's last farewell with Herohero during the final day of YGGDRASIL before it shut down was still fresh on his mind. Ainz considered the possibility that if Herohero had not been run ragged from work, and was healthy and mentally fresh, he might be standing here with him by his side right now in the New World. Ainz could not fathom the thought of allowing his own subordinates to be forced into such a situation which robbed Herohero of all his vitality.
Ainz noted that there were many players who gave up gaming because of the drastic change in their living environment. He went on reminiscing on the fact that Herohero did not cancel his account, but knows that he retired from playing YGGDRASIL. In that regard, Ainz believed that Herohero would not had left his items behind in the Great Tomb of Nazarick and permitted him he was free to do whatever he pleased with them.
Remembering how worn out Herohero is from work, Ainz was planning a heart-to-heart talk with the Floor Guardians if there is anything troubling them on the job. Ainz did not want the NPCs to end up in the same horrible situation as Herohero was in real life.
In his mind, Ainz admits to himself about promising to not let Herohero's circumstance appear in Nazarick. However, with a sense of guilt, Ainz thinks that he have committed a grave sin, an unforgivable mistake upon seeing Albedo's sleeping place.
Ainz Raises Money Arc Edit
- Main article: Ainz Raises Money Arc
Ainz recalled the fact that Herohero would get mad whenever someone from his guild racked up more overtime pay than their regular salary.
Ainz's Ambition Arc Edit
- Main article: Ainz's Ambition Arc
In the past, Ainz once heard from Herohero about the company he was employed at. There was someone who committed suicide by jumping off of a building. Herohero had mused the idea that maybe things would not have gotten to such a state if the suicidal person in question had the chance to blow off steam earlier.
The Ruler of Conspiracy Arc Edit
- Main article: The Ruler of Conspiracy Arc
The Pleiades Day Arc Edit
- Main article: The Pleiades Day Arc
Ainz presumed that Solution must have hid his Miyoshi because she was obeying some wish of Herohero. After hearing Solution's plea to Ainz of wanting to clean his body, he declined her request. He reasoned with her, that it was because she was an NPC created by Herohero. Ainz told Solution that he would feel ashamed to face Herohero if she were to commit such a lewd action on him. He considered her to be a daughter to Herohero and didn't want his former friend to get upset at him because of that.
The Craftsman of Dwarf Arc Edit
- Main article: The Craftsman of Dwarf Arc
When Ainz took notice back of old world labor contracts never being honored, he made an oath to not let anyone end up like Herohero. Considering the harsh experience his friend Herohero had to go through in life, Ainz planned to draw up a contract with fair terms, in which the Regency Council of the Dwarf Kingdom would respect; such as letting the runesmiths focus on development and the like, among other things.
Abilities and Powers Edit
Herohero's race is an Elder Ooze, which is famous for their specialty in acid-type attacks. While his job class is filled with monk-type classes, it is not very good at damage dealing. However, its powerful acid is very effective in PvP and PK battles, by dissolving the enemy player's equipment. His class levels strengthened his corrosive abilities, to the point where they could even break immunities. In a way, this traumatized his enemies.
As a slime, Herohero has a sensitive motion detector which senses vibrations within a 100-meter radius. However, the downside was that Herohero could not use optical vision without a magic item. Herohero described it being spooky since as a slime, he was unable to see beyond his radius of sight, considering a ranged enemy can attack him unnoticed. Still, Herohero finds his motion detector to be very useful.
Main Equipment Edit
- Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown: It allows the user to freely teleport between every room inside Nazarick. Every member of Ainz Ooal Gown was required to wear this ring.
- Unnamed Magic Item: It allows Herohero the ability to have human optical sight, something which slimes do not normally have.
Momonga is Herohero's friend and one of the four remaining members of Ainz Ooal Gown, who were still playing YGGDRASIL. He returned to the guild to see the status of the Guild and Nazarick and thanked Momonga for making the game more enjoyable for them before logging out.
Herohero was the one who created Solution Epsilon to be a member of the Pleiades. It seemed apparent that Solution was willing to give up on cleaning Ainz's body after heeding her master's thoughts concerning Herohero's attitude towards such behavior.
The maids’ AI routines had been programmed by Herohero and five others.
- Herohero is also one of the creators of the homunculus maids groups that work in Nazarick.
- There were at least six programmers in Ainz Ooal Gown including Herohero who had the task of programming the homunculus maids.
- Among the three remaining guild members of Ainz Ooal Gown, Herohero is supposedly the last one who Momonga talked to in the game before it shut down.
- In the Anime, he looks a lot like a purple slime.
- Herohero (へろへろ) is an onomatopoeia meaning to "flop" but also "to be exhausted". This is likely in reference to both Herohero's floppy slimelike nature and his exhaustion from the real world.
- (To Momonga): "Really? That's good, then. This may take a long time — although I'm not sure if that'll be the case — but it would be a good idea to make sure you’re topped off before entering the dungeon. It would be bad if you were forcibly ejected at a critical moment. I've a friend in real life who was playing a different game, he was kicked out of the game during a guild ranking battle, and by the time he came back, his guild had lost and they reamed him out for it. And it wasn't even his fault that they lost."
- (To Momonga): "I know our guild won't be like that, but there are guilds like that out there. You know, the try hard types. I hate those picky guilds. Games are meant to be played, after all. ...Oh, what's this? You look pretty suspicious, comrade. The type that Touch-san would arrest."
- (To Momonga): "—We had to use sleeping bags in the office, and I ended up buying two of them. One of them was for when the other one was being cleaned. Hahaha—"
- (To Momonga): "Ah — seems about right — wah, it's been so long...This is bad. I've been doing so much overtime recently that my sense of time is starting to go weird."
- (To Momonga): "My body? Well, it's a mess. I haven't had to see a doctor yet, but I'm almost there, it's really bad. A lot of times, I feel like I want to run away from it all, but then I think about how I need money to live and then I go back to work like a whipped slave."
- (To Momonga): "I really did want to stay with you to the end, but I'm about to fall asleep."
- (To Momonga): "Momonga-san, you must have kept the guild going as its leader so we could come back to it at any time. Thank you very much."
- (To Momonga): "Yes. We had fun with the game because you were our guild master, Momonga-san...I hope that when we meet again, it'll be in YGGDRASIL II."
- (To Momonga): "I'll look forward to it! I'm having trouble staying awake...I think I'll log off first. I'm glad I could meet you at the end. Goodnight."
|Ainz Ooal Gown|