|Dominion||New World & YGGDRASIL|
|Light Novel||Overlord Volume 2|
|Manga||Overlord Chapter 6|
|Anime||Overlord Episode 6|
Goblins seem to have a comfortable relationship with ogres, as they are occasionally seen traveling and working together. However, it could have been just out of necessity as in following volumes, ogres have been seen eating goblins as food. Moreover, there were some goblins who are treated as slaves to the ogres in Abelion Hills.
Goblins are small, ugly, cruel humanoids that stand barely three feet tall. They have scrawny bodies and hairless heads with massive ears and beady eyes. Their twisted faces, sport flat noses with two sharp fangs protruding from their large mouths. Their skin tone varies based on the surrounding environment.
Goblins are said to have better eyesight in the dark compared to humans. In other words, goblins possessed eyes which could see in the dark clearly that most humans can't see during nighttime. Goblins will resort to dirty tricks, ambushes and sheer numbers to overwhelm their enemy.
Moreover, if they carefully concealed their small bodies in dark corners, it's possible for them to perform sneak attacks. For instance, when launching a nighttime ambush in a forest, they would surely be troubling foes for humans.
Goblins are regarded as unsophisticated primitives by the humans sense of standards in the New World. Despite this attitude, there have been various historical and fictional accounts depicting goblins in a better light. Goblins live in tribal groups, coexisting alongside ogres. This relationship is mutually beneficial for both parties, as the diminutive demi-humans provide food and leadership, while their imposing giant cousins offer their strength.
Whether it be in physical ability or in magic, strength is a key requirement for leadership in goblin society. Female goblins seem to have a greater potential of becoming magic casters and are thus respected. In addition wolves are considered to be their favored mounts.
Known Goblins Edit
- Goblin Strategist
- Ten pups is the norm for a goblin family.
- In YGGDRASIL, a goblin's strength ranges from level 1 to 50.
- At one point in time there existed a goblin king, wielding the Branch of Tonelico, a powerful magic item which he used to slay countless dragons.
- Be it in height, physical strength, knowledge, or the rate at which they produced Magic Casters, they were a race inferior to Humans in every way.
- A human girl by the name of Enri Emmot is leading an army of goblins located in Carne Village.
- It seems that some of the Goblins (presumably from Carne Village) are either living or roaming legally in E-Rantel, Sorcerer Kingdom.