Each of the Four Imperial Knights is recruited by Jircniv to serve as his personal guards, regardless of their backgrounds or history, provided that they possess exceptional fighting skills. As a result, each of them has differing attitudes and abilities. Even their degree of loyalty to their liege varies between each individual.
The Four Knights are tasked with carrying out the Emperor’s will. In terms of authority in the Imperial Army, they would be considered equal to the rank of a general.
At least two members of the previous Four Imperial Knights fought during one of the Empire's annual wars against the Re-Estize Kingdom. The Kingdom suffered heavy casualties that year and the Empire's victory seemed almost sure, until Gazef Stronoff and his Warrior Troop turned the tides, resulting in the two knights' deaths.
The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc Edit
- Main article: The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc
The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc Edit
- Main article: The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc
Some months later, Nimble Arc Dale Anoch is tasked with accompany Ainz on the battlefield during the war with the Kingdom.
The Ruler of Conspiracy Arc Edit
- Main article: The Ruler of Conspiracy Arc
Two of the Four Knights, Baziwood and Nimble were accompanying the Emperor for the secret meeting with emissaries from the Slane Theocracy and Temple as part of the plan to conspire with defeating Ainz Ooal Gown.
The Four Imperial Knights are specially trained elite soldiers of the Baharuth Empire. Armed with lightweight adamantite armor and weapons made of adamantite, they are the empire's strongest. In addition to the standard equipment, they are given several types of magical gear that can improve their physical and mental abilities.
In the Web Novel, all the Four Imperial Knights have the following basic equipment:
- Gauntlet of Strength (increases physical strength)
- Amulet of Health (resistance against poison and diseases)
- Belt of Constitution (increases durability)
- Ring of Resistance (increases magic resistance)
- Ring of Protection (increases physical defense)
- Greave of Quick March (increases movement speed)
- Mantle of Elemental Protection (reduces elemental damage)
- Shirt of Cure Wounds (1st tier healing spell, can be used once a day)
- Helm of Mental Protection (resistance against mental attack)
In conjunction with their gear, the knights also have potions worth of a total 1000 gold coins.
Known Members Edit
- The Four Imperial Knights are selected solely on the basis of their fighting ability and not their personality or loyalty.
- The Captain of the Mythril Imperial Guards was estimated to be on the same level as the Four Knights.