Carne Village is a territory of the Re-Estize Kingdom and in the past, consisted with an approximate population of 120 people. Within this population in the village, the people living there at that time were divided into 25 families. The village was an average village with no real importance other then its location along the border. The main livelihood of the villagers come from the forest and their crops. This is due to the fact that the village receives almost no visitors except for some doctors looking for herbs and the tax collector who comes once a year. There were no soldiers within the village which left it unprotected from attacks.
In the Web Novel, Carne Village was founded 100 years ago by a pioneer named Thomas Carne.
The Undead King Arc
- Main article: The Undead King Arc
Carne Village was the next target for the Sunlight Scripture to lure out Gazef Stronoff into a trap and assassinate him. The plan was foiled by Ainz Ooal Gown who saved the village instead, annihilating the knights attacking it. After that, Gazef visited the village and tried his best to defend it from the Sunlight Scripture but was overwhelmed and near his death. However, Ainz teleported Gazef and his warriors to the village and finished off the Sunlight Scripture himself.
The Dark Warrior Arc
- Main article: The Dark Warrior Arc
Momon, Nabe, Nfirea and the Swords of Darkness visit Carne Village to get some herb from the forest. Nfirea noticed that the village is heavily fortified compared to when he last saw it. It's because of the recent attack by the knights of the Theocracy that the village is now heavily protected by Enri's Goblin Troop.
The Two Leaders Arc
- Main article: The Two Leaders Arc
After Enri used the Horn of the Goblin General, the village became a home for the Goblin Troops to live in. Though it was originally a human settlement, the village has begin to openly accept various demi-human races into its midst. This was due to the trauma and death of so many of their loved ones killed by fellow humans, they felt racially betrayed.
Thanks to the acceptance of the Goblin Troop as Enri's loyal servants and village protectors, the village has steadily recovered and even grown as a new wall was constructed for added protection. Life in the village as noted by the villagers has risen to a higher degree of quality. Greater quantities of food and acquisition of valuable herbs has become possible, all thanks to the goblins and support sent to the village by Ainz Ooal Gown. However, the village still faces difficulty in recovering in terms of population. Though some of the survivors from the other raided villages have immigrated, they have convinced others to make a home on the frontiers of the Kingdom, but it is difficult due to the dangers.
Later, the village accepted the new goblins and ogres from the forest and learned about the disturbing news. Some of the monsters in the forest may start attacking their village due to territorial disputes. Enri tried to get assistance from Adventurer's Guild from E-Rantel, but failed due to lack of information and funding.
After her return, Enri was officially made the chief of the village and the villagers prepared for a potential attack. A few days later, an army of monsters attacked the village. Most of the non-combatants hid in the shelter while the rest fended of the assault. The villagers ultimately won with a few losses and a helping hand from Lupusregina Beta.
The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc
- Main article: The Magic Caster of Destroy Arc
Carne Village was attacked by an army under the command of Crown Prince Barbro. Feeling betrayed by the Royal Family, the villagers made a unanimous decision to rebel and take arms. Barbro's assault was nearly the end for Carne Village until Enri used her remaining Horn of the Goblin General to summon an army of 5000 goblins, turning the tide of battle and repelling Barbro's forces. As punishment for attacking a region under Ainz's protection, Lupusregina hunted down Barbro and the remnants of his army and slaughtered them to the last man.
The Craftsman of Dwarf Arc
- Main article: The Craftsman of Dwarf Arc
After the battle, according to Lupusregina, the villagers of Carne Village lived in harmony with Goblins and Ogres. Carne Village was later rebuilt and expanded, with over 90% of the village's population consisting of the Goblin Army that Enri had summoned. When Ainz's visit to the Dwarf Kingdom came to an end, he decided to send some dwarves over to live in Carne Village. The dwarf runesmiths ended up setting a workshop in one part of the village, building magic items and with a Death Knight acting as their bodyguard.
- Chief of Carne Village
- Enri Emmot
- Nemu Emmot
- Goblin Troop
- Nfirea Bareare
- Lizzie Bareare
- Thomas Carne (Web Novel Only)
- Carne Village is located approximately in 10 kilometers from the Great Tomb of Nazarick.
- Carne Village was attacked three times.
- First was the attack by the knights of the Theocracy, who disguised themselves as imperial knights to lure Gazef Stronoff into a trap set by the Sunlight Scripture.
- Second was the attack by the inhabitants of the Great Forest of Tob.
- Third was the attack by the Royal Army commanded by Prince Barbro.
- Many of the villagers actually resent the Kingdom for not aiding them in times of need and were willing to rebel and side with Ainz against their own country when the Kingdom declared Ainz as their enemy.
- While formerly being a human only village, it is now home to other Demi-human races such as Goblins, Hobgoblins and Ogres and other humanoids like dwarves.
- According to Enri, even if Ainz was an undead being who hated the living, he was still the magic caster who had saved their village several times, and so they trusted him more than anyone alive.
- In the past, there had been no blacksmiths in Carne Village. After Ainz's visit to the Dwarf Kingdom, however, the Dwarf runesmiths have settled in the village as well.
- In Carne Village, the dwarves' loyalty to the Sorcerer King rivaled that of the humans living there.
|Roble Holy Kingdom|