|Light Novel||Overlord Volume 1|
|Manga||Overlord Chapter 1|
|Anime||Overlord Episode 4|
Angels (エンジェル) are magical beings that are summoned from another realm and a race players could choose to be. Many people believe that they are God's envoys, especially the people of the Slane Theocracy.
Types of Angels Edit
In the New World, humans, especially those from the Slane Theocracy, view Angels as envoys of the divine, though this topic is the subject of much debate and source of conflict between human nations. However, they are regarded as incredibly powerful magical beings that can lay waste to the land.
In YGGDRASIL, the class and power of the Angels are ranked based on the Christian celestial hierarchy. Below are a list of angels from highest to lowest in rank.
First Sphere - Heavenly Counselors Edit
Second Sphere - Heavenly Governors Edit
Third Sphere - Heavenly Messengers Edit
They resemble brilliant and winged humanoids, who are stoic and silent, and decorated in shining armor as well as religious robes. The common trait they all seem to share is the ability to bring a wave of hope and strength to their allies.
All angels have the ability to fly and use divine powers. Their level of power depends on their class.
- The native tongue that the angels speak is Enochian.
- In YGGDRASIL, there were a group of bosses called the Ten Great Angels of the Tree of Life.
- Angels summoned by the Sunlight Scripture seem to be non sentient beings as they rely on their summoners to direct them.
- In Christian angelic lore, angels are ranked in three spheres. The First Sphere contains the highest ranking angels: Seraphims, Cherubims, and Ophanims. The Second Sphere contains mid-tier level angels: Dominions, Virtues, and Powers. The Third contains low-level angels: Principalities, Archangels and Angels.
- In the New World, the Dominion Authority was look upon by the Sunlight Scripture as the highest-tier angels. And the only ones who were on par with them are the Six Great Gods, the Dragon Lords, Landfall, and Demon Gods.